· Jazz Education-is-Cool-in-the-School: Throughout the school year calendar, bands of professional musicians go into the schools and perform, Educational Concerts for the entire assembly including faculty, staff, and students. Since 1998, over 34,800 students, faculty and staff have experienced, Jazz is cool in the schools.
· Annual Jazz-N-June Festival: The 32nd Annual Jazz-N-June Festival Supporting Youth Development, presented by the Tennessee Valley Jazz Society (TVJS) will take place throughout the month of June 2020. Jazz-N-June (JNJ) activities will take place in selected public locations in the Huntsville-Tennessee Valley area. With a variety of activities and artists performing.
· Fall for the Arts: Due to being awarded a $10,000 presenter consortium grant from, Chamber Music America, TVJS will present Ron Carter, an American jazz double-bassist, September 11, 2020. His appearances on 2,221 recording sessions make him the most-recorded jazz bassist in history. In addition, Ron Carter is one of the most famous musicians in the arts, education and cultural world.
· Holiday Jazz Special: In the spirit of the holiday season, TVJS presents an end of the year musical gathering.
· Other projects throughout the jazz calendar year include: April-Jazz Appreciation Month and International Jazz Day – April 30.
Also check out the website: www.tvjs.webs.com
For more information you may contact:
Tennessee Valley Jazz Society-Youth Life Development
604 Jordan Lane, Huntsville, AL 35816
"Anything Positive is Possible"
A great nation deserves great art...jazz is great art!